Growing up, my family always referred to grilled cheese sandwiches by a different name.
I’m not really sure why or how it got started, but in my household, they were called toasted cheese sandwiches. It wasn’t until college that I was informed I’d been labeling this all-American favorite incorrectly for more than half my life. As if that weren’t traumatic enough, I just learned that I’ve been making them improperly for my entire life, too!
So to save you readers from that cheese-filled heartache, I’m going to share this chef’s secret with you. As it turns out, cheese doesn’t just belong inside of these sandwiches.
Feel free to share the trick with all of your friends! (Or just keep this mastery to yourself.)
Every parent knows the annoyance of finding residue from a sticker their kids carelessly pulled off a window or mirror. Try as you might to scrape it off, you eventually give up…sadly, that thing is on there for good.
While there have been countless life hacks to address the issue, as far as we can tell, none work quite as well as this one. So grab your bug spray — yes, you read that right — and get to work on that pesky sticker spot!
Litter boxes are naturally unfortunate. Let’s face it, who wants to have a cat’s waste just sitting around out in the open?
But putting a litter box in a tight space can be a real drag, too. A small room with the litter box is basically useless, plus the smell will permeate that small space. However, one clever DIY master decided to build their feline friend a litter box condo that both contained the smell, provided privacy, and looked adorable.
They were lucky enough to find this cabinet at a thrift store.
As Twitchy has noted a number of times, the strain between the news media and Donald Trump started long before his election and looks certain to continue throughout his term, especially as a new front has opened in the ongoing war between the two, with the White House hosting selected briefings off-camera.
It wasn’t only the absence of TV cameras from today’s briefings that stirred up the press; add to that White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s insistence Trump was joking on the campaign trail last summer when he said he hoped Russia could find Hillary Clinton’s 33,000 deleted emails.
About those calls last summer for Russia to find Clinton's missing emails: Spicer says Trump "was joking at the time. We all know that."
But if you do go to the tape, and lots of journalists have, you learn Trump didn’t “ask Russia to hack” Hillary; he said, in part, “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 e-mails that are missing.” In other words, if it was Russia behind the DNC hack, maybe those emails would turn up as well.
Spicer says today Trump was joking when asking Russia to hack Hillary's emails. Trump had said he was being sarcastic. Here's the transcript pic.twitter.com/sGyAZhvyaY
Probably best that the car drives away so she’s not breathing that in for too long, but I can’t say I don’t relate. Share this crafty critter with your perpetually cold friends. We all have at least one!
Use a wooden or non-reactive spoon and combine the baking soda, citric acid, and Borax in a bowl. Stir them and add 20 drops of lemon essential oil. Repeat with each essential oil you want and mix well.
Next, spray the mix with about five spritzes of hydrosol and stir well. You don’t want any fizzing to happen, so continue adding hydrosol until it is just damp enough to pack into a mold. Let them sit overnight.
This video offers a slightly different recipe. Watch how they’re made — it’s so easy!
The human body is a strange, wondrous thing, but do we really use our bodies to their fullest potential?
I mean, think about it. Plenty of us run ourselves ragged, survive on coffee, and regularly become totally consumed by stress. This can really take a toll when it comes to sleeping, eating right, and maintaining focus.
If this sounds like you, here are a few body hacks that you definitely need to add to your arsenal!
1. Falling asleep right after you study will help you retain more information.
6. If you really want someone to take in what you’re saying, speak into their right ear. That goes directly to the processing center in the brain.
7. Strike a power pose when you want a quick confidence boost. This is great to use before job interviews!
8. Saying a few four-letter words when you stub your toe has been shown to reduce pain.
9. If you’re making a long-haul flight, change your eating schedule to that of your destination a few days before takeoff to get your body adjusted.
10. Coughing while getting an injection can make it hurt less.
11. Feeling nauseous? Press between the two tendons in your wrist for 30 seconds.
12. If you need to hold your breath longer, hyperventilate a bit before inhaling one more time and diving in!
13. If you feel pain in your side when you run, train yourself to exhale when your left foot strikes the ground. This will take pressure off your liver.
14. Stretch to improve your long-distance vision. If you work on a computer all day, periodically close your eyes and stretch major muscles. This will encourage muscles around your eyes to relax as well. Constant strain is linked to near-sightedness.
15. Wake up a sleeping arm by tilting your head from side to side. This loosens up neck muscles, which will help that pins-and-needles feeling go away faster.
If you’re like me, you probably get about a thousand holiday cards every December that you have no idea what to do with. This year, get the most out of them with these 20 decorating ideas.
Usually, I try to prop the cards up on the mantle, but there’s always far too many. With the ideas on this list, however, you can ensure that holiday cards become an integral part of your home’s holiday decorations. After all, the cards are beautiful! Why not use that to your advantage?
1. Frame a doorway with fresh or fake garland, then use clothespins to attach holiday cards.
One of my worst fears is seeing a clogged toilet. As it quickly fills up towards the brim, there’s a desperate struggle to find a way to make it stop before it spills all over the floor. Which is exactly why when, in a panic, some feel the need to reach for a plunger. They hope they can force the clog to go through the pipes with sheer determination.
But after witnessing the incredibly simple life hack presented below, we hope you’ll never again worry about such a problem. Because with a bit of dishwashing soap and a little patience, your toilet clogging problems will be over for good.