Face it. It’s kind of hard to impress people with material goods when they’ve seen half the planet.
Avid travelers who board flights to far-flung destinations across the globe each year are notoriously tricky to shop for when birthdays and holidays roll around. After all, it’s kind of hard to wow someone who has seen everything from the Eiffel Tower to the Sahara Desert with some knick-knack wrapped in pretty paper.
We can’t just go to their birthday parties empty handed, but what are we supposed to do? Use their experiences to our advantage, of course! Okay, that sounds horrible, but hear me out. Thoughtful gifts that remind them of favorite their trips (and help them plan their next one) will never go unappreciated. Here are a few ideas to help get you started!
1. This cork globe doesn’t just look great. Your favorite traveler can push thumbtacks into every country they visit until the whole world is covered in pushpins!
2. The Scratch Map gives users the satisfaction of revealing a beautiful, colorful map by scratching off the countries they cross off their lists.
3. Photos are the best souvenirs, so why not hook your loved ones up with a network of professional photographers from around the world who can help them immortalize their adventures just about anywhere. Learn more on Flytographer’s website!
4. Speaking of photos, give them this slim, portable external hard drive that they can fill with pictures as they go.
5. Find me one traveler who wouldn’t love their very own GoPro.